You know, Apple, I think I beat you in how long it took to write this!
First of all, I’d like to thank Apple from The Appletizer for giving me this award back in June of 2012. I know how ridiculous that sounds. “Hey, guess what guys? I’m telling you about a blogging award I got eight months ago!” All I can say is “I’m sorry but I’m doing it anyway.”
What is the Versatile Blogger? Here’s how it works:
- In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
- In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Here are the fifteen bloggers I’m nominating! (Some of you probably already received the award before. That’s okay, I just want you to know that I appreciate your blog and enjoy reading it!)
Kittymama at Okasaneko Chronicles
Orchid at Life to Reset
Christine at Somethingville.com
Jordan at Meet Me In Paradise
Michael at Retireediary
Josh at BlinkPacking
Renxkyoko at Renxkyoko’s Space
Elenia at Kaffee und Kuchen
Ron at Naive Politico
Zari at The Sunny Shadows
Aix at Pure Instinct
Peggy at My Thoughts Like Balloons
Jonathan and Quinn at Life Out of the Box
Michelle at My Traveling Lens
Ali at 12 Books in 12 Months
Thank you all for writing! Even if you’d rather not follow through with a Versatile Blogger post—maybe it wouldn’t fit with your blog theme—just know that you have a reader here who really enjoys your posts! Thanks for putting yourself out there!
So now, here are seven facts about me:
- I’m Joshua, but I get called “kuya” multiple times a day by my brother, which is the reason this is called “Kuya’s Notebook.” (There aren’t many others in Dallas who use the word “kuya,” either.)
- I created Kuya’s Notebook after reading Kittymama’s blog and thinking, “I could do that!” And so I did. I even got Zari to start her own blog. (The Sunny Shadows is her second blog.)
- I completed NaNoWriMo for the first time in June 2012, and I completed it again in November 2012. The sad part is that both manuscripts ended up being horrible, and I haven’t touched them since.
- I have a secret passion for cooking, despite not knowing how to cook at all. I’ve always viewed chefs with envy because of their talents. Maybe I just really like food.
- If I had a million dollars to spend (and I couldn’t save any of it), I’d spend it on traveling the world.
- If I had a choice to live anywhere in the world, I’d probably choose New York City.
- I’m addicted to Starbucks and their soy vanilla lattes. I always get decaf, just because I’m afraid of caffeine after having a double-espresso once (not fun).
Go ahead and pass the award on to anyone you find deserving! I can’t wait to hear back from you guys, even if it takes eight months!
4 thoughts on “Versatile Blogger Award”
Congratulations everyone! I wish the best of luck in all your blogging endeavors for 2013! Continue expressing your hearts to the fullest. Take care.
Thanks Joshua! I really appreciate it. Even if I wanted to nominate 15 bloggers, I couldn’t because I don’t have that many just yet…
Regarding your 1st fact, I never had an older brother but kuya is such a strong, familial word. There are only 3 people I ever call kuya because they’ve been such an important part of my life. Only one other person has called me kuya, and I never knew its meaning until I was called that. I hope your little brother realizes how important that word is and how you are to him. (I’ve always translated kuya as ‘older brother’, but the English translation doesn’t do it justice.)
Thanks again =)
Hi, Joshua! Thank you so much for the award! It really means a lot, coming from you. I think of you as my hero too, because you saved me from a rut when I felt like giving up on my blog. Thank you for inspiring me to keep on writing. 🙂
thank you very very much for including me 🙂