The clocks have turned and the calendars have changed as everyone around the world celebrates the arrival of January 1, 2013. A new year signals many things: a new chapter, a new story, a new adventure, a new self.
Like many people, I have my list of New Year’s resolutions prepared:
- Eat vegetarian… most of the time.
- Write every day.
- Read more often.
- Spend less, save more.
- Be confident.
- Get enough sleep and go to bed by 10 pm.
- Get rid of stress and invite peace.
- Set aside time for solitude.
- Accept what cannot be changed and make do with it.
- Let go of anger and perfectionism, and welcome spontaneous creativity.
I started off my weekday vegetarian year with vegan udon noodles — it knocked out both the vegetarian and long noodle (symbolic of long life) requirements of a New Year’s Day meal!
I hope you had a great start to 2013 — that’s right, twenty-thirteen — and that you’ll have an amazing year to come!
See y’all soon!
P.S. If you’re interested in the weekday vegetarian idea, here’s the TED talk that got me hooked!